FatherCraneMadeMeDoIt

FatherCraneMadeMeDoIt

Martin King and the Space Angels - James   McGovern

I won an Ebook of this from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. The book had a really interesting story line. I think McGovern had a great idea for a book. But the writing is pretty amateurish. There is no character development, the relationships are shallow, and the dialogue is only included to advance the plot. This book is very plot-driven. There are multiple plot lines that occur throughout the book, all of which are very interesting, however, they all felt rushed and none of them are very in-depth. It feels like McGovern had a bunch of great ideas and threw them all together without really knowing how to connect and develop them. The word choice is slightly repetitive and at times I had a hard time accepting that the characters would really have gone along with everything so easily (they hardly even questioned a stranger telling them the world was going to end and that they were the only ones who could save it). Also, McGovern kept writing himself into a corner and relied a little too heavily on deus ex machina to solve these issues. Overall, it is a good story and had a good cliffhanger at the end of the epilogue. Quick read, but overall very underdeveloped.