FatherCraneMadeMeDoIt

FatherCraneMadeMeDoIt

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir - Felicia Day
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

I listened to the audiobook and it was amazing! It was read by Felicia Day and Joss Whedon (foreword), which made it that much better.

I didn't know much about Felicia Day before checking this out from the library. I knew she was a gamer and had seen her on Tabletop, but I didn't know much else. My husband told me not to watch The Guild, because I wouldn't like it. Joke's on him. I immediately started binge-watching it and loved it. It was even funnier after hearing about some of the random things about filming in the book (baby with a power-strip anecdote).

This is a hilarious book. Day goes through many major events in her life from homeschooling, becoming a violin prodigy, filming The Guild, to her fame afterward. There are some dark places along the way, but I loved how Day used those moments to call out bad things in the world (harassment of women who game) and motivate the reader to create change.

Well-written, extremely funny. I am now a huge fan of Felicia Day. Great read, I highly recommend getting the audio-book.