FatherCraneMadeMeDoIt

FatherCraneMadeMeDoIt

inside a broken clock: a modern fable - Román Leão

I received a copy of this book from Library Thing in exchange for an honest review.

I felt a lot of mixed emotions about this book. The whole journey was very up and down. I started off not really interested in it at all. Then I was engage for a while, but then disengaged again as the plot stretched out past the point of my interest. The story was all over the place, which had its high points, but overall it just felt like rambling.

I didn't connect with any of the characters and had a hard time keeping them all straight as the story jumped all over the place through time and storyline.

They were a lot of interesting aspects: Sasquatch, the mysterious car accident/disappearance, and the devil. But overall I think the concept of the book didn't live up to the actual completion of it.

The tagline "What would happen if time could be manipulated by a mysterious ancient apparatus and the devil was scheming to get his hands on the controls?" really pulled me in. It really makes you think and the idea of the story is very poetic and mind-bending, but the smorgasbord approach to a story just did not do it for me.

Leao is a talented writer, but I don't think his style is right for me